How we work
Just a few quick pointers as to how we operate.
- flatmate.com is free to register and post an ad with photos.
- We edit out personal contact details in ads, before we publish the ad, to protect the privacy of our users.
Personal contact information freely available on the internet is not a good idea!
- It is free to contact advertisers using our pre-defined messages. Just click the message you want to send to make contact.
- If you want to share your personal contact details to meet up, you pay just AU$5/week for unlimited custom messages.
You decide who you want to share your personal contact details with.
- All ads and messages are checked before being published or sent. This ensures the information on our site is relevant, and we want to make sure our users aren't being spammed by messages.
Think of it as the human touch.
- Priority Listing - AU$5/week subscription also gets your ad to the top of the search results.
- The AU$5 is automatically re-charged at the end of each week, so you do need to go in and cancel your subscription if you want to opt out.
- Every paid subscription on our site will see 50% of that subscription donated to assist grassroots homelessness projects that StreetSmart funds. For more information, read our blog.
|Post Ad with photos|
|Send pre-defined messages to other advertisers|
|Send custom messages to other advertisers
(share contact details)
(ad displayed with a "Paid" badge)
|Everything else. No surprises|